Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Days 44 and 45

Yesterday I had a normal workout. Actually I pushed myself a bit. I had 5 or 6 one minute sprints throughout my 35 minute workout on the elliptical machine. Yeah, you heard me right, sprints and THIRTY FIVE MINUTES! Where's my trophy?

Today I really didn't want to work out at all. I almost, almost... ALMOST took the day off! BUT I decided since I may not work out next week at all I better stick with it until we leave. All you fitness nazi's, don't hate me for it, I'm just not sure I'll be able to make it down to the onsite gym in between my margaritas. I have good intentions....

So today I asked the twins if they wanted to go on a bike ride. I walk, they ride. Pretty simple. Last time we went Abby complained a little bit, after all 2 miles is a far trek for a 4 year old. But I thought they were up for it. However it was nothing short of a D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R!!! First of all less than a half mile into our trek, Tom's left pedal fell off. No matter, Mommy fix it was able to thread it through and we carried on our journey. That lasted for about another mile, but after that it just kept falling off. And I knew I was doing more harm than good as I attempted to thread the pedal back on only the next EIGHT times it wouldn't go past two turns. When it fell off as we were on our street I just held the pedal in my hand and pushed him the rest of the way. Also about a mile into our ride/walk Abby started complaining... like A LOT! By the time we got home FIFTY minutes later she was in tears. I felt bad for her, but what was I going to do? So i just let her be and she kept sobbing, "Mom! You shouldn't take me on a ride this LONG!"

I brought my handy dandy fingertip pulse oximeter. My HR never got above 130, mostly stayed around 110, and my sats were pretty steady at 94. Considering I wasn't working too hard, even though I was trying to be a slave driver, I'm not surprised that my sats were so good. So if nothing else today was definitely a mental work out! And I'm pretty sure I get extra points for trying.

No comments: