Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Days 17 and 18

Yesterday and today are elliptical days. I'm just not feeling up to pounding the pavement outdoors. I can barely walk around the house without feeling like my knees are being crushed by thousand pound weights with ever step. Actually it's not that bad, but I'm totally aware of the pain with every step. The Motrin really helps and I can totally tell when it wears off because my knees get achy and it's even harder to walk. The good news is the elliptical doesn't seem to bother my knees all that much. So I did the machine for 30 minutes yesterday and plan to do the same today. Yesterday I got my heart rate up to 133 which is perfect for my age. My target heart rate is between 93 and 140. I still don't feel like the elliptical gives my lungs as good of a workout as walking or running, but it will have to do for now.

No comments: