Friday, December 5, 2008

Day Twenty!

Goal: Sprint 2 minutes, continue at normal pace 3 minutes, repeat 5 more times.

I can't believe I've made it twenty days. Go me!

Yesterday I did the elliptical for 30 minutes. Then last night I was in a chat room online with some fellow CFers and one of the exercise guru's (I'm talking about you Chags) told me to try and sprint two minutes then continue at a regular pace for 3 minutes. I thought he was talking about running at first. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do this pattern on the elliptical machine. I guess because I've never taken any type of spinning class or whatever they have at those fancy gyms. I've also never really done cardio on purpose. I mean, I used to play sports but those days are long gone.

I ended up setting my bar a bit lower. I sprinted for 1 minute and then continued at a normal pace for 4 minutes. Somehow I repeated this process, but in the midst of watching ER on tivo during my routine and not having a stop watch I only ended up with 5 sprints in a 30 minute period, not 6. Go figure. You'd think I had a degree in math or something. I also did my workout today while wearing 2 Liters of o2 flowing up my nose. And you know what? I didn't get a headache. Hmmmm.... If only I had a pulse oximeter to see what was really happening to my oxygen levels when I exercise.

On the knee front, they are still sore and there is no end in sight! I keep re-injuring them as I do normal things like get down on the ground to put the twins' shoes on and stuff like that. *sigh*

No comments: