Monday, July 13, 2009

Running Day 9 of 24

Today was the first day of my running project where I had to bring the twins with me. It was nothing short of a disaster. I woke up at 7:30 so that meant I had 2 hours and 20 minutes to get my treatments done, eat, feed the twins, get the twins dressed, drive to a track, run, drive home, take a shower, change the twins into their bathing suits and wet suits AND put sunscreen on them. Whew! Are you tired yet?

Well we made it with zero minutes to spare.

The actual run was interesting because this is the first time I was at a track so I could test out exactly how fast or slow my pace was. It turns out I am running about a 16:00 minute mile, which is pretty sad!

That bad news is, the track was flooded in some parts which meant it was ultra muddy! This also meant that the twins on their bikes and training wheels got stuck in the mud from time to time so I had to take the time to huff and puff and pull them out and try to explain to them how to get around the mud.

Then on my last running trip of 1/4 mile Abby was upset with me because she was tired so she just stopped at the other end of the track, opposite of where we needed to exit. When I was finished Tom was with me and I asked him to go get Abby who was still pouting 1/8 of a mile away. Instead of riding his bike, this kid ran! Boy did he run! He ran all the way to his sister, helped her turn around and ran all the way back. I don't even think he was out of breath. This kid is a machine! I'm thinking about having him train for the 5K with me! I really think he'd be quite good at it.

Wednesday is my next running day and it's a new routine, so we'll see if I can keep up! Wish me luck!

No comments: