Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Running Day 7 of 24

Even though i didn't blog about it, I have continued my workout, EVEN ON VACATION! Yes, that's right. I went running outside my hotel last weekend. Go me!

Today was the beginning of a new workout week. Each week is the same assignment. There are 3 work out days a week. Each week also gets harder.

This week I was to run for 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run for 3 minutes (MINUTES!!!! you heard me right!), walk for 3 minutes and repeat the whole set one more time. I was really surprised I could run for 3 whole minutes. It's not any easier than day 1 though, so I'm a little disappointed in that.

I brought my pulse ox with me. During my last 3 minute run today my HR was 176 and my oxygen saturation was 87%. It hasn't changed a bit since day 1 which is frustrating to say the least. Considering it's a 12% drop in sats I get really short of breath, I feel like an elephant is squeezing my chest and I get dizzy. But I haven't passed out yet, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing!

No comments: