Friday, July 31, 2009

Fast Forward Day 13 of 24

Wednesday, July 29

I fast forwarded through "week 4" because I was trying to rush out the door today and the run seemed so complicated, I almost needed a piece of paper to write it all down. Week 5 was much easier to remember, so that's what I ran.

The first day of week 5 seemed daunting. I had to run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5, walk 3 and run 5. I was supposed to cover a half mile in that 5 minutes. Since I knew I ran slower than that, I actually ran 6 minutes, walked 3, ran 6, walked 3 and ran 6. In that time I was supposed to cover a total of 2 miles and I ended up covering 1.5 miles. I didn't want to overdo it TOO much, and since this is the furthest ground I've covered in a long time, as well as the longest running span of 6 minutes I decided not to push it.

I took the twins with me and they rode their bikes. Abby was none too pleased to be riding a whole 1.5 miles. Wait until we cover more ground eventually!

No comments: