Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Running Day 22 of 24

I finally got back to running after about a week reprieve on Sunday, September 6. I set out to run 3.0 miles and made it 2.4 miles before the old bursitis kicked in. Turns out I have an inflamed bursa, a fluid filled sac on the outer hip region. I was running in the bike lane, facing traffic for weeks and I think the small incline where my right leg was always on higher ground was taking it's toll.

On Sunday I changed my route to less travelled streets and ran in the middle of the road where it's flat. I got much further than my 1 or 1.5 miles before the old hip gave me problems. I actually made it 2.4 miles on Sunday! I was bummed I didn't make it the whole way, but I had to listen to my body and slow down when it was hurting. I made it home in 50 minutes and 14 seconds.

No comments: