Saturday, November 29, 2008

Elliptical Workout - Day 14

Goal: 30 minutes (fast or slow...) on the elliptical machine

Yay! Yippee! Wahoo! I got an elliptical machine at home!

One of my friends here in Elk Grove had an OrbiTrek collecting dust in her garage so I asked Paul if he could pick it up for me this morning. Now the Orbitrek is kinda like the Ford Pinto of Elliptical machines. But I am THRILLED to have it for FREE in my home! Having never used a $4,000 elliptical at the gym, this model that runs about $200 is just fine for me at this time.

We dusted it off and set it up in my bedroom (right in front of the TV). I got to jump on it just now and whew! What a workout for the old quads! It felt good but I felt like my legs got really tired long before I was huffing and puffing enough to cough any crap out of my lungs. I think I have a new plan to walk for a couple miles every other day around the block and do the elliptical workout on the days that I don't walk outside. No more running! Not anytime soon anyway. My right knee is still in a moderate amount of pain when I try and run. Stupid knees!

No comments: