Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 4

Last night I was talking to Paul about my running/walking routine and I said, "ya know, I think if I just speed walked the whole two miles I'd probably make it in the same amount of time."

Well, wouldn't ya know it, I was right. (I'm always right, aren't I?) So what does this tell me? I'm not quite sure. Is walking fast (out of breath to the point I cannot carry on a conversation to save my life, but not hacking up a lung) just as good as the run/walk combo? I think I still cleared out my lungs just as much as when I'm running, but I wasn't running. If you have any insight on the subject, do tell. For now, I think I'll continue with the run/walk combo next time. It's definitely harder to do, though both exercise sets are difficult for me.

Let's see what can I complain about this afternoon? I feel like I have a fever but I don't. I'm beyond tired, like all I want to do is curl up in bed but I have treatments to do. Oh and two kids to take care of. And my right leg is aching, like it used to do when I was a kid and I had circulation problems. Motrin usually clears that up, but I'm not due for my next dose until 2:45PM and it's only 1PM. Yup, I think that just about sums it up. Oh, and I feel like I moving in slow motion. Like I have lead weights attached to my arms and legs. I'm telling ya folks, exercise is not all that it's cracked up to be. But I push on...

No comments: