Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tomorrow is THE DAY!

Tomorrow is the 5K. I ran 3 times this week. I did 2 practice 5K runs in 49:21 and 50:35. Thursday was my last day to train for the 5K and I took it slow, about 1.75 miles in 28 minutes.

My hips are bugging me, but I don't think it's slowing me down. It's more painful a couple days after I run. I thought about taking prednisone just for the race day because it makes me feel so fantastic, but I think I have talked myself out of it. I know it's only 1 pill but the mood swings, high blood sugars and insomnia don't seem to appealing to have to deal with tomorrow. Plus I want to go all out and eat a big stinking breakfast after the 5K, and I can't eat real syrup while on prednisone because it drives my blood sugar bonkers.

Other than having to get up at the crack of dawn, I think it's actually before dawn cracks, I'm looking forward to the race. I just hope I don't piss people off by getting in their way and running too slow.

Wish me luck!

No comments: