Thursday, October 15, 2009

Post Race Run 2 & 3

I ran 2 miles on Sunday, October 11 in 28 minutes and 56 seconds. I know! I hardly believe it myself. That was like lightning fast. I had to double check the mileage when I got home. I thought maybe I inadvertently cheated.

Today was a different story. I set out at 11AM after the twins were in school and it was kinda muggy out. Apparently me + humidity = disaster. It was a rough start, then about a half mile in I was ok but after 1 mile I was feeling like I couldn't breathe. I continued until I hit about 1.4 miles and then I gave up.

I swear I was on the verge of having a panic attack. I just felt like the air I was breathing in had no oxygen in it. I mean, frankly, that's pretty normal when I'm running, but I figure it's a mind over matter thing and I huff and puff my way through 2 miles. Today was no dice. I could not make it. I could not force myself to believe everything was ok and I would not suffocate to death so I stopped and walked the rest of the way home. Maybe it was the humidity, maybe it was my mind freaking out. I don't know what it was except that it was hard and I hope it doesn't happen next time!

No comments: