Sunday, August 9, 2009

Running Day 15 of 24

Friday I set out to jog 2 miles straight. I brought my tiniest oxygen tank with me, in some random backpack I had lying around in the closet. Well, about a half mile into the job my neck started getting tired of the weight. It wasn't even my heavy tank! The small one is about 3 pounds, the bigger tank is about 5 to 6 pounds.

I ended up getting 3/4 of a mile down the road in 11 minutes 30 seconds and then I had to stop and walk. I huffed and puffed my way to the end of the block, which is exactly 1 mile from my house. Then I ran into a guy from Pakistan, no joke. He wanted information on the library. Unfortunately he didn't understand what I was saying when I was trying to tell him the library was closed. I think I said it 3 times. He went on and on about who I was, (married with kids) and the fact that I don't work and how great that is that I get to stay home with the kids. Yeah, but I'm trying to work out here!

After minute 20 my tank ran out of o2. So I guess that means the teeny tiny tank is no good for my runs since it only lasts 20 minutes. I'll have to pull out the bigger one, which, in my estimation, may last me 3 times as long.

I ended up back at the house around minute 35. I walked the rest of the way home and decided I would try to complete my 2 miles next time.

No comments: