Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rewind... Day 15 of 24

Today I set out to complete my 2 mile run. I bought a running backpack at REI yesterday. You should have seen me. Seriously, I was in the store with my o2 tank, stuffing it into random backpacks, strapping them on in the middle of the aisles and jumping up and down to see how they felt. I didn't find anything I liked for a long time. I was about to give up when I found an REI brand on a different aisle that didn't come with a hydration bladder. Perfect! Only $40 too! It's really nice and padded, it has a buckle on the top of my chest over my boobs and a buckle around my waist.

When I put the pack on today I could tell it was going to be great because my shoulders didn't really bare any of the weight. It was all at the bottom of the pack sitting on my waist. It was wonderful! Whoever invented this thing should get a raise.

I ended up running... get this.... an ENTIRE FREAKING MILE! Yes! I did it! I ran a WHOLE mile in 15 minutes. Then I turned around to set home and started walking. I walked for 3 minutes and began to jog again. Then I ended up walking for 3 more minutes sometime between the half mile mark and home. But all in all, I got my 2 miles done in 31:30 and 25:30 of that was running! The longest period of time I've run EVER!

The hard part was the time of day I ran. I didn't get ready until just after 9AM and it's supposed to be 100 degrees today so it was a bit hot, in the 70's. I started getting this piercing headache after about 1/2 mile into the run. And then the chills started about the time I got to the 1 mile mark. My head felt so hot I thought it was going to explode. Hopefully my body will just get used to this level of exercise and I won't have this problem next time.

I got home and downed a huge glass of water, took a cold shower and then pretty much passed out in bed for an hour. I just couldn't move. I'm still pretty drained but after having some lunch I'm feeling a little better. And my headache is gone.

No comments: