Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Eighty!

We're on day 80 over here. Whew! Only 88 more days to go.

Last week was a decent work out week... when I wasn't sick. On Tuesday I woke up so nauseous I couldn't get out of bed. This is highly uncharacteristic for me. I knew I had caught the barfy stomach bug Tom had 3 days earlier. Needless to say, there was no elliptical that day! However I was able to get back on the elliptical the very next day! Yeah, cause I'm just a superstar like that, in all my wobbly weak glory.

More elliptical that Thursday, plus a bonus jaunt to the park! I think walking to/from the park actually did my lungs more good than my boring 30 minute routine on the elliptical. There was just so much goo coming out of my lungs that night. Way more than normal, but a good thing!

Friday and Saturday were super busy and I didn't get to work out. On Sunday I was too tired and Abby was still sick (yeah, the puky barfy thing hit her by then as well) so I laid in bed with her for most of Sunday morning. It was exceptionally nice to just lay there and watch her sleep.

On Monday, while the twins were at preschool I decided to stick to my plan outlined in my last post. I busted out the Wii fit! It was actually a lot of fun. I was able to get in 30 full minutes of different exercises, however with all the remote adjusting and picking new exercises to do every 3-5 minutes, this 30 minute work out actually took me 45 minutes. I checked my HR a few times to see what kind of a workout I was getting. My sats were 95% and my HR was 125. This is much lower than my average elliptical HR, but I believe strength training/muscle toning is important as well. So hopefully I can continue w/ the Wii on M, W, F.

That's about it! I'm off to do the elliptical today right now!

No comments: