Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 85

Let's catch up on what I've been up to this week.

Wednesday was a no go for the workout. I had a doctor appointment and then I got some lab work done and then I went shopping, all while the twins were at school for 2.5 hours. Whew! Busy busy morning. Thus no time for a workout.

Thursday, I was back on the elliptical. My legs were still sore from the Monday morning workout session on my Wii Fit, but that didn't stop me! There was nothing unusual about the workout. I just got it done. Yawn.

On Friday I got back on the Wii Fit. I had gained a half pound since Monday, so that's good news. These little "30 minute" Wii Fit workouts actually take me 45 minutes because there is a lot of time shifting from aerobics to strength training to yoga. Even some hula hoop. A girl's gotta have SOME fun working out, don't ya think?

On Saturday and Sunday (today) I have done my elliptical but only 20 minutes a day. I just get SO BORED, I'm curious to see if my resting heart rate goes up, by decreasing my workout from 30 to 20 minutes. 20 minutes sure is a lot more bearable on the boring scale. I still get a good sweat in there. So we'll see if it affects the cardio or not. I'm thinking not. My resting HR is back down to 60-70 for the first time in two months. It went up when I came home in mid-January from Mexico b/c I was sick. Then I didn't work out for a few weeks, so it stayed up, and I stayed sick for a couple weeks. My body works hard over here when I'm sick! But finally after a few weeks of working out and finally not feeling so tight in my chest, my resting HR is down.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the weirdest thing today! So it was a normal day and I turned on my oxygen to go for my elliptical run but my nose/sinus' felt really cold, almost in pain. It was so strange and painful, but did I stop? Nooooooo noooooo noooooo. Cause I'm just a glutton for punishment like that. I figured as the workout progressed it would let up, but it didn't. It was like I was breathing freezing cold air. I don't know why it stung so much. And get this, my right eye was tearing up. Yeah, totally crying, only I wasn't crying. I had tears coming down from my right eye. As soon as I stopped my workout the tearing stopped. As long as I wasn't huffing and puffing w/ the o2 it didn't burn. But when I was working out it was painful. So weird! I hope that doesn't happen again.

No comments: